No Mouse

Ron

I am having trouble with an XP Home computer ahere
regardless of what type of Mouse I connect to it no mouse
is available just a static pointer in the middle of the
screen. I have tried PS2, Serial and USB Types but cannot
get any activity. With the USB when I plugged it in it
was identified as new hardware ok and appeared to load
the required drivers but no action.
Has anyone seen this happen and have any ideas as to what
the problem maybe.
The computer is a Pentium 1.8ghz with 256mb Ram

Regards

Ron

ron-having the same problem. have not cracked the code on this one yet. however, as a temporary solution, use the keyboard to uninstall the mouse, then reinstall it. after restarting the mouse will work until the computer is powered down. then it will not work again. simply uninstall and reinstall after every power down. i have tried 3 different mice and have the same problem.