ASUS P3B-F - BIOS and Max CPU speed

Hi,

Can someone please tell me the max cpu an ASUS P3B-F can handle?

Also my BIOS says it is version 1007 Beta 01 but on the ASUS website
it only goes to 1006 !!!!

Where has this BIOS update come from and are there any others?
Currently running XP
4 answers Last reply
More about asus bios speed

    A search like this one might help.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d&q=p3b+latest+bios

    Ed Roberts <eiroberts@clara.net> wrote in message news:<hoeve0168bt2tv3te53gsq22537jb5mb0u@4ax.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can someone please tell me the max cpu an ASUS P3B-F can handle?
    >
    > Also my BIOS says it is version 1007 Beta 01 but on the ASUS website
    > it only goes to 1006 !!!!
    >
    > Where has this BIOS update come from and are there any others?
    > Currently running XP

    Hello Ed,

    with the latest 1008 beta 004 BIOS, you can use the PIII Tualatin 1.4
    GHz as max cpu. but you'll get an error message you need to download a
    version of the 1008.004 that has been "edited". Unfortunately, I forgot
    the URL for that. Try google.

    HTH

    Roy

    In article <ccola9$o8g$1@nobel.pacific.net.sg>, "Roy Sharif M. Sison"
    <roysharif@pacific.net.ph> wrote:

    > Hello Ed,
    >
    > with the latest 1008 beta 004 BIOS, you can use the PIII Tualatin 1.4
    > GHz as max cpu. but you'll get an error message you need to download a
    > version of the 1008.004 that has been "edited". Unfortunately, I forgot
    > the URL for that. Try google.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Roy

    Go to the download page:

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/download.aspx

    Type the name of the motherboard and select something like "All" from
    the pulldown menu. Select your motherboard from the returned list.
    When a long list of stuff pops up, click "BIOS" from the menu.
    When a shorter list pops up, click the "Beta" button above the
    menu bar. There, you will find 1008.004 Beta BIOS, the last released
    BIOS.

    To add a microcode update, there is a recipe here:

    http://tipperlinne.com/p2bmod (main page)
    http://tipperlinne.com/bios6b4.htm (use CTMC method, less risk)

    Also, Roland's FAQ is here:
    http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/p2b_procupgrade_faq.html

    It mentions the revision number versus onboard voltage regulator
    support, and that determines whether a Tualatin can be added
    using a simple slocket adapter, or whether a Powerleap, with its
    own voltage regulator, is required. There are other processor
    upgrade choices, too numerous to mention in a short post. These
    other choices might not be as cheap or easy to find.

    HTH,
    Paul

    > Ed Roberts wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >Can someone please tell me the max cpu an ASUS P3B-F can handle?
    > >
    > >Also my BIOS says it is version 1007 Beta 01 but on the ASUS website
    > >it only goes to 1006 !!!!
    > >
    > >Where has this BIOS update come from and are there any others?
    > >Currently running XP

    I forgot, you'll need the slot-T adapter from upgradeware.com or the
    expensive powerleap adaptor.
    If you have the v1.04 mainboard, you won't need the powerleap adaptor

    Ed Roberts wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Can someone please tell me the max cpu an ASUS P3B-F can handle?
    >
    >Also my BIOS says it is version 1007 Beta 01 but on the ASUS website
    >it only goes to 1006 !!!!
    >
    >Where has this BIOS update come from and are there any others?
    >Currently running XP

Asus BIOS CPUs Motherboards