Win2000 Server Setup

jeffp

I'm not actually doing a first time setup, but it's a new MB, same CPU and HDD
that had a different Sil chip.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to put on the disket that I'll use during first time /
repair at the F6 prompt for SCII drivers(?)

Files to copy to the floppy from the CD, do I use these......

F:\Drivers\SATA\GUI\Diskettes\Disk1

F:\Drivers\SATA\GUI\Diskettes\Disk2

Or those found in

F:\Drivers\SATA

SIISUPP.VXD
SIWinAcc.sys
Si3112r.inf
Si3112r.mpd
Si3112r.sys
TxtSetup.oem
readme.txt
si3112r.cat

TIA

JeffP.....

JeffP wrote:
> I'm not actually doing a first time setup, but it's a new MB, same CPU
> and HDD that had a different Sil chip.
>
> Anyway, I'm not sure what to put on the disket that I'll use during first
> time / repair at the F6 prompt for SCII drivers(?)
>
> Files to copy to the floppy from the CD, do I use these......
>
> F:\Drivers\SATA\GUI\Diskettes\Disk1
>
> F:\Drivers\SATA\GUI\Diskettes\Disk2
>
> Or those found in
>
> F:\Drivers\SATA
>
> SIISUPP.VXD
> SIWinAcc.sys
> Si3112r.inf
> Si3112r.mpd
> Si3112r.sys
> TxtSetup.oem
> readme.txt
> si3112r.cat
>
> TIA
>
> JeffP.....

I seem to have missed the bit where you tell us the motherboard or SiI
chipset, as well as the bit where you tell us which drivers you're talking
about.

The sata GUI is a Windows GUI for viewing sata controller related stuff.
The second looks like drivers for the SiI3112A.

You want drivers for the SiI chip on the new motherboard.

Ben

Tim

Second set look like the correct layout.

Take a look in the readme file to confirm.

- Tim

"JeffP" <JPgmtNoSpam@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> I'm not actually doing a first time setup, but it's a new MB, same CPU and
> HDD
> that had a different Sil chip.
>
> Anyway, I'm not sure what to put on the disket that I'll use during first
> time /
> repair at the F6 prompt for SCII drivers(?)
>
> Files to copy to the floppy from the CD, do I use these......
>
> F:\Drivers\SATA\GUI\Diskettes\Disk1
>
> F:\Drivers\SATA\GUI\Diskettes\Disk2
>
> Or those found in
>
> F:\Drivers\SATA
>
> SIISUPP.VXD
> SIWinAcc.sys
> Si3112r.inf
> Si3112r.mpd
> Si3112r.sys
> TxtSetup.oem
> readme.txt
> si3112r.cat
>
> TIA
>
> JeffP.....

jeffp

I took the later, there appears to be no instructions that say copy these from
this folder by name.

The MB and and Chip doesn't matter to me, when there is only one CD and SATA
folder.

Just my dumb luck.

JeffP....