Hard drive configuration question

Al

Hi,
I purchased a WD Raptor drive and decided to set it up as sata. I made
the connections according to my P4P800 manual. But when I went in to the
BIOS to make sure it was set up as sata, I noticed that things were
setup like this:
Primary IDE Master: Not Detected
Secondary IDE Master: My CD Rom

Forth IDE Master: WD740GD (Hard Drive)

Is this correct? It doesn't seem so, the hard drive is fast but not as
fast as I thought it would be, so I'm wondering if this is making a
difference.

Thanks

Al wrote:
> Hi,
> I purchased a WD Raptor drive and decided to set it up as sata. I made
> the connections according to my P4P800 manual. But when I went in to the
> BIOS to make sure it was set up as sata, I noticed that things were
> setup like this:
> Primary IDE Master: Not Detected
> Secondary IDE Master: My CD Rom
>
> Forth IDE Master: WD740GD (Hard Drive)
>
> Is this correct? It doesn't seem so, the hard drive is fast but not as
> fast as I thought it would be, so I'm wondering if this is making a
> difference.

I would suspect that the SATA controller is described as the third and
fourth IDE device. So yeah.

Ben

Ed

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 04:17:59 -0700, Al <urslow@email.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I purchased a WD Raptor drive and decided to set it up as sata. I made
>the connections according to my P4P800 manual. But when I went in to the
>BIOS to make sure it was set up as sata, I noticed that things were
>setup like this:
>Primary IDE Master: Not Detected
>Secondary IDE Master: My CD Rom
>
>Forth IDE Master: WD740GD (Hard Drive)
>
>Is this correct? It doesn't seem so, the hard drive is fast but not as
>fast as I thought it would be, so I'm wondering if this is making a
>difference.
>
>Thanks

http://www.storagereview.com/articles/200401/20040126WD740GD_2.html

Ed

Al

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Al

"Al" <urslow@email.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I purchased a WD Raptor drive and decided to set it up as sata. I made
> the connections according to my P4P800 manual. But when I went in to the
> BIOS to make sure it was set up as sata, I noticed that things were
> setup like this:
> Primary IDE Master: Not Detected
> Secondary IDE Master: My CD Rom
>
> Forth IDE Master: WD740GD (Hard Drive)