DVDROM and CD writer not registering

May 25, 2004 11:51:06 AM

I run Windows XP home edition on an HP paviliion 431.uk. about 4 months ago the floppy drive stopped working and was changed. Since then, both the DVDrom and CD writer have come up with error messages saying they are unavailable and are not registering as D and E Drives. System restore does not go back far enough and cables have ben checked. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get them working again as I need to use them for work.
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 1:58:48 AM

Check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select C
and scroll to CDROM