DVDROM and CD writer not registering

I run Windows XP home edition on an HP paviliion 431.uk. about 4 months ago the floppy drive stopped working and was changed. Since then, both the DVDrom and CD writer have come up with error messages saying they are unavailable and are not registering as D and E Drives. System restore does not go back far enough and cables have ben checked. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get them working again as I need to use them for work.
1 answer Last reply
More about dvdrom writer registering

    Check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select C
    and scroll to CDROM
    "Jaytee16" <jst@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > I run Windows XP home edition on an HP paviliion 431.uk. about 4 months
    ago the floppy drive stopped working and was changed. Since then, both the
    DVDrom and CD writer have come up with error messages saying they are
    unavailable and are not registering as D and E Drives. System restore does
    not go back far enough and cables have ben checked. Does anyone have any
    ideas how I can get them working again as I need to use them for work.

CD-Rom DVD Drives Windows XP