Starbucks Network Problem

I'm having some troble with wireless networking:

At Starbucks when I go to a table I can't connect to it because I need to be
in range of the network WAP (Wireless Access Point)I don't know where that is.

Is it at every table or somewhere in the room?
What is the range of the WAP and the Network itself?

Running Windows XP SP2 and my Card is up-to-date.
--
Sicerely,
Unknown

    I think you have to pay to use WiFi at Starbucks. They ripp people off, for
    their coffee, so I can't imagine them giving away WiFi!

    Bill Crocker

    "Unknown" <aleveridgea@Charter.net> wrote in message
    > I'm having some troble with wireless networking:
    >
    > At Starbucks when I go to a table I can't connect to it because I need to
    > be
    > in range of the network WAP (Wireless Access Point)I don't know where that
    > is.
    >
    > Is it at every table or somewhere in the room?
    > What is the range of the WAP and the Network itself?
    >
    > Running Windows XP SP2 and my Card is up-to-date.
    > --
    > Sicerely,
    > Unknown

    If the Starbucks have wireless connectivity, it usually available anywhere
    in the shop - they're using 802.11b and that provides connectivity up to
    100m away from the access point. However, not all of the Starbucks are
    equipped with wireless access points - at least Starbucks in Terminals 7 and
    8 in LAX don't have it.

    T-Mobile is the provider for Starbucks - the hot spot locator is at

    https://selfcare.hotspot.t-mobile.com/locations/viewGlobalLocationsForLocationDomain.do

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
    -= F1 is the key =-

    "Unknown" <aleveridgea@Charter.net> wrote in message
    > I'm having some troble with wireless networking:
    >
    > At Starbucks when I go to a table I can't connect to it because I need to
    be
    > in range of the network WAP (Wireless Access Point)I don't know where that
    is.

    > Is it at every table or somewhere in the room?
    > What is the range of the WAP and the Network itself?
    >
    > Running Windows XP SP2 and my Card is up-to-date.
    > --
    > Sicerely,
    > Unknown

    Hi there:

    "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I think you have to pay to use WiFi at Starbucks. They ripp people off,
    for
    > their coffee, so I can't imagine them giving away WiFi!

    No they don't provide wireless access for free. T-Mobile provides
    connectivity, and they charge something like $10/day. If the business model
    is sustainable, we'll see - it will probably change a lot quite soon - but
    for a business user the price is quite acceptable. Last time in NYC, I tried
    to connect in Greenwich Village, and after failing to locate a free hot spot
    I reverted to Starbucks: I had to go online within limited time.

    That aside, Starbucks' coffee isn't a rip-off at all. Starbucks are offering
    premium (to american standards) coffee at premium price.

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
    -= F1 is the key =-

Wireless Wireless Access Networking Wireless Networking