Cd-rw will not work. nor will my cd drive work.

drew

When I go into DVD/CD-ROM drives properties it promps: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

And When i go into DVD/CD-ROM drives properties it promps: Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

If there is anyone whom can help me please contact me at my e-mail address as soon as possible. at eighter trumexican2@msn.com or grimlin82@yahoo.com

If you get a response please send to me. My XP Pro will
not recognize my original CD or my CD-R/RW Drives.

Thanks,

I had a very similar problem... Try this :

I am recommending a knowledgebase article that addresses
the issue that you have.

Please visit the following link to access the article
that I wish to forward to you:

us;314060&Product=winxp

This article should not only give you a walk through the
process of recommended troubleshooting, but also give a
brief discussion on the causal aspect of this issue.