Cd-rw will not work. nor will my cd drive work.

When I go into DVD/CD-ROM drives properties it promps: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

And When i go into DVD/CD-ROM drives properties it promps: Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

If there is anyone whom can help me please contact me at my e-mail address as soon as possible. at eighter trumexican2@msn.com or grimlin82@yahoo.com
2 answers Last reply
More about work drive work

    If you get a response please send to me. My XP Pro will
    not recognize my original CD or my CD-R/RW Drives.

    Thanks,

    I had a very similar problem... Try this :

    I am recommending a knowledgebase article that addresses
    the issue that you have.

    Please visit the following link to access the article
    that I wish to forward to you:

    us;314060&Product=winxp

    This article should not only give you a walk through the
    process of recommended troubleshooting, but also give a
    brief discussion on the causal aspect of this issue.

Hardware CD-Rom Windows XP