I recently installed XP Pro on a system and am the only user therefore I am and have a "COMPUTER ADMIN" account. While trying to reinstall DX9.0b on the system I get a pop-up telling me the software did not pass the Windows Logo Test...... and that I should contact my computer admin.

Ummmm excuse me MICROSOFT DIRECT X 9.0B DOES NOT PASS THE WINDOWS LOGO TEST?!?!?!?!

Anyway, I contacted myself and want to install DX9 so I went into the driver Signing option and selected "Ignore - Install the software anyway and don't ask for my approval.", then I reset the machine and of course it happened again.

So is there any REAL way around this logo test or am I screwed?

Follow this:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
Look for "When installing an update you receive the following message:
"Software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing""

Otherwise follow the windows Update Checklist:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updtcl.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"mr.new york" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently installed XP Pro on a system and am the only user
therefore I am and have a "COMPUTER ADMIN" account. While trying to
reinstall DX9.0b on the system I get a pop-up telling me the software
did not pass the Windows Logo Test...... and that I should contact my
computer admin.

> Ummmm excuse me MICROSOFT DIRECT X 9.0B DOES NOT PASS THE WINDOWS
LOGO TEST?!?!?!?!

> Anyway, I contacted myself and want to install DX9 so I went into
the driver Signing option and selected "Ignore - Install the software
anyway and don't ask for my approval.", then I reset the machine and
of course it happened again.

> So is there any REAL way around this logo test or am I screwed?

Security update for Windows (819696) is re-offered even though DirectX 9.0b is installed
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829778&Product=winxp

You Cannot Install Some Updates or Programs

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!