HP Photosmart 7150

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
April 21, 2004 7:08:51 PM

I recently bought a HP photosmart 7150 printer and it is behaving
really strangely. According to the instructions, to install the print
cartridges I need to turn on the printer and then open the top to make
the cartridge holder slide out to the middle for easy installation.
When I turn it on all three LEDs are flashing like crazy and nothing
happens when I lift up the top.

I thought that maybe the HP toolbox would let me install the
cartridges but it says it has problems communicating with the printer
when I click on estimated ink levels or any of the services (align
etc).

My computer also had a lot of trouble recognising it during
installation (I have Windows XP SP1 and installed the 4241 drivers
from the site).

I have tried unplugging it for a minute as told in the installation
guide and then turning the printer back on but the LEDs are still
flashing and it doesn't do anything else, although I can use the power
button to turn it on and off.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

More about : photosmart 7150

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 10:44:38 AM

Try it with the USB or parallel cable out. It shouldn't need any XP comms to do
this.

"Andy" <sanger_a2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I recently bought a HP photosmart 7150 printer and it is behaving
> really strangely. According to the instructions, to install the print
> cartridges I need to turn on the printer and then open the top to make
> the cartridge holder slide out to the middle for easy installation.
> When I turn it on all three LEDs are flashing like crazy and nothing
> happens when I lift up the top.
>
> I thought that maybe the HP toolbox would let me install the
> cartridges but it says it has problems communicating with the printer
> when I click on estimated ink levels or any of the services (align
> etc).
>
> My computer also had a lot of trouble recognising it during
> installation (I have Windows XP SP1 and installed the 4241 drivers
> from the site).
>
> I have tried unplugging it for a minute as told in the installation
> guide and then turning the printer back on but the LEDs are still
> flashing and it doesn't do anything else, although I can use the power
> button to turn it on and off.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>

> Andy
April 22, 2004 10:44:39 AM

I've tried that already. It doesn't make any difference if the USB
cable is plugged in or not. I left it unplugged overnight last night
and still no joy. :(

"Steve B" <sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk> wrote in message news:<0YWdnV7Fv8xaxhrdRVn-vw@nildram.net>...
> Try it with the USB or parallel cable out. It shouldn't need any XP comms to do
> this.
>
> "Andy" <sanger_a2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I recently bought a HP photosmart 7150 printer and it is behaving
> > really strangely. According to the instructions, to install the print
> > cartridges I need to turn on the printer and then open the top to make
> > the cartridge holder slide out to the middle for easy installation.
*SNIP*
!