whats normal for 2600+ Tbred B temp in a7n8x-e dlx

Had a box built, good cooling, and the cpu is showing 50c ish temps at
idle in the bios hardware monitor.

thx
Gordon

running stock 2600+ on av600 MB asusprobe shows cpu 51C not pushing it and
room is a/ced.

"Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Had a box built, good cooling, and the cpu is showing 50c ish temps at
> idle in the bios hardware monitor.
>
> thx
> Gordon

Centurion

Distinguished
May 28, 2004

Gordon Scott wrote:

> Had a box built, good cooling, and the cpu is showing 50c ish temps at
> idle in the bios hardware monitor.
>
> thx
> Gordon

FWIW I built a system last week for a friend with an XP2600 on an el-cheapo
AOpen KM400 chipset board. Nothing flash, one case fan that only kick's in
if the case temp reaches 40C. So pretty basic setup (he was on a tight
budget).

Anyway the CPU at idle is about 40C and at full load (after 20 hours at full
load in fact) the CPU temp was 49C. That's with the stock heat-sink and
fan. Ambient was around the 24C mark.

The only thing I did that wasn't "standard" was peel off the heat-pad on the
heat sink, polished the bottom of the heat sink with a buffing pad on my
dremel, then used a blob of heat paste. Not "arctic silver" or anything
wanky like that - just plain old heat grease that I use on all my heat
sensitive projects (CPU's, amplifers, voltage regulators, rectifiers
etc...).

HTH

James
--
"To err is human, to forgive, beyond the scope of the Operating System"

notritenoteri wrote:

> running stock 2600+ on av600 MB asusprobe shows cpu 51C not pushing it and
> room is a/ced.
>
> "Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
> > Had a box built, good cooling, and the cpu is showing 50c ish temps at
> > idle in the bios hardware monitor.
> >
> > thx
> > Gordon

thx
Maybe I'm too used to my bartons to remember the heat generated by the
tbreds

Gordon

TRENDING THREADS