network and ISP

Hi i have my network working really fine...am using a linksys router to
other pc...
question...if i change my ISP....internet swerve..will i have to set yo my
router again plus all my other adapter's
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about network

    Thomas wrote:

    > Hi i have my network working really fine...am using a linksys router
    > to other pc...
    > question...if i change my ISP....internet swerve..will i have to set
    > yo my router again plus all my other adapter's
    > Thanks

    Unless you connect to a different type of network like a DSL w/PPOE
    where you have to enter a username and password, no. Even then, all you
    have to do is change the router's configuration. Refer to the router's
    manual. Of course, this is a generalization without knowing the
    specifics of the ISP you current have (I don't know what "internet
    swerve" means) and the ISP you are considering.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    sorry meant internet server
    "Malke" <malke@nospoonnotreally.com> wrote in message
    > Thomas wrote:
    >
    >> Hi i have my network working really fine...am using a linksys router
    >> to other pc...
    >> question...if i change my ISP....internet swerve..will i have to set
    >> yo my router again plus all my other adapter's
    >> Thanks
    >
    > Unless you connect to a different type of network like a DSL w/PPOE
    > where you have to enter a username and password, no. Even then, all you
    > have to do is change the router's configuration. Refer to the router's
    > manual. Of course, this is a generalization without knowing the
    > specifics of the ISP you current have (I don't know what "internet
    > swerve" means) and the ISP you are considering.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"

Routers Internet Service Providers Networking Microsoft Wireless Networking