network and ISP

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
December 18, 2004 5:11:46 PM

Hi i have my network working really fine...am using a linksys router to
other pc...
question...if i change my ISP....internet swerve..will i have to set yo my
router again plus all my other adapter's
Thanks

More about : network isp

December 18, 2004 5:11:47 PM

Thomas wrote:

> Hi i have my network working really fine...am using a linksys router
> to other pc...
> question...if i change my ISP....internet swerve..will i have to set
> yo my router again plus all my other adapter's
> Thanks

Unless you connect to a different type of network like a DSL w/PPOE
where you have to enter a username and password, no. Even then, all you
have to do is change the router's configuration. Refer to the router's
manual. Of course, this is a generalization without knowing the
specifics of the ISP you current have (I don't know what "internet
swerve" means) and the ISP you are considering.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers