Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Show or hide HP Smart Web Printing hpswp_BHO dll

Last response: in Windows 7
January 17, 2011 10:36:16 PM

I downloaded HP's Smart Web Printing software but the icon that is supposed to appear on the IE tool bar in order to start the program does not appear, so I cannot use the program. What does appear is an icon whose balloon says it can be used to make the start icon appear, but it doesn't have any effect. I'm using a Sony VAIO 64-bit Windows 7 laptop with Internet Explorer 8. The HP program sounds great and I have good use for it, but so far I haven't been able to find a clue at HP or Microsoft's support sites. I've tried reinstallation twice with the same result.

Best solution

February 3, 2011 5:58:33 AM

haroldpohl said:
I downloaded HP's Smart Web Printing software but the icon that is supposed to appear on the IE tool bar in order to start the program does not appear, so I cannot use the program. What does appear is an icon whose balloon says it can be used to make the start icon appear, but it doesn't have any effect. I'm using a Sony VAIO 64-bit Windows 7 laptop with Internet Explorer 8. The HP program sounds great and I have good use for it, but so far I haven't been able to find a clue at HP or Microsoft's support sites. I've tried reinstallation twice with the same result.

if you are using IE, on the right side of the bar that has favorites, click on the heading that says tools ( may be next to safety , help), click on the heading that says explorer bars and you should see HP Smart web printing. click on it and it should open on the right side of the screen. Let me know if this works for you. Joeltruck@att.net
February 12, 2011 11:07:04 PM

This did not work for me. I can see the Smart Web Printing icon on the favorites but but clicking on it does not open the SWP worksheet as it should.
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2011 1:10:11 AM

Joeltruck said:
if you are using IE, on the right side of the bar that has favorites, click on the heading that says tools ( may be next to safety , help), click on the heading that says explorer bars and you should see HP Smart web printing. click on it and it should open on the right side of the screen. Let me know if this works for you. Joeltruck@att.net

I may have replied before. All is fine until I "... should see HP Smart Web Printing." That does not appear.
m
l
February 26, 2011 11:53:35 PM

Best answer selected by haroldpohl.
m
l
!