CD-RW Drive (D:) CD Drive Problems

Please help me. Everytime I put in a cd to either play or
rip, my cd drive does not read the cd. The light on it
starts flashing fast and then nothing happens. What can I
do?

Thanks

Jimmie join the CD-RW Drive Sometimes Works in WinXP Club. I would rt
click on MyComputer>select Properties>
Hardware>Device Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. Rt click on the
Secondary and choose Uninstall if that's
where your Drive is connected to. Also click on Dvd/Cdrom Drives and
select yours and choose uninstall. Let WinXP
reinstall it and the Secondary IDE controller. Sometimes this works
temporarily.