geforce fx 5600 vtd256 & direct x 9b

i am having a problem with direct x in that when i am
running any direct x application (dxdiag too) there are
long pauses in the rendering every two seconds of play.
funny thing is its only with direct x. i talked to MSI
about it and they said it might be my video memory, but i
am hoping you can help me since the place i got the card
went out of business, so my warrantee is no good. ive
only had this thing a couple months and i shouldnt be
having these kinds of problems! btw everything is up to
date and there are no errors in the dxdiag notes boxes.
what can i do to fix this at least as long as it takes to
replace this nvidia junk with a new radeon?

Did you talk to manufacturer about returning to them, most have an RMA you can fill out and get
replacement card.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"screwzloos" <screwzloos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i am having a problem with direct x in that when i am
> running any direct x application (dxdiag too) there are
> long pauses in the rendering every two seconds of play.
> funny thing is its only with direct x. i talked to MSI
> about it and they said it might be my video memory, but i
> am hoping you can help me since the place i got the card
> went out of business, so my warrantee is no good. ive
> only had this thing a couple months and i shouldnt be
> having these kinds of problems! btw everything is up to
> date and there are no errors in the dxdiag notes boxes.
> what can i do to fix this at least as long as it takes to
> replace this nvidia junk with a new radeon?

well, i got ahold of the manufacturer, but it wont do me
any good since the only way they could return a new card
to me is by ups ground, and go figure ups ground doesnt
deliver to alaska. so anyways since i sent the original
message i tried a couple more things, and came to the
conclusion that it is only directx games and programs
that run incorrectly. anything opengl runs as it always
has and should be running. what could it be?