usb 2.0 card problem with windows xp pro /a7v266-e

Is there anybody who can help me?

I have a asus a7v266-e motherboard with XP sp1, with latest biosupdate,
latest VIA 4in1 drivers. I am trying to install a BELKIN USB 2.0 PCI
(f5u220) pci card. But whatever i try, it keeps signalling that the usb
controller(s) can' t be installed. I already tried to change the PCI slots,
i've removed my Audigy sound card but the problem stays. i've uninstalled
the onboard usb 1.0 controller, another usb 2.0 card (ALI) nothing helps. I
tried to manually install usb 2.0 drivers without any result.
i can't find the right answer with ASUS.

So any ideas around ?

Ronald
5 answers Last reply
More about card problem windows a7v266

    In article <c_9Jc.139522$3N6.114507@amsnews05.chello.com>, "ronald
    stougie" <r.stougie@chello.nl> wrote:

    > Is there anybody who can help me?
    >
    > I have a asus a7v266-e motherboard with XP sp1, with latest biosupdate,
    > latest VIA 4in1 drivers. I am trying to install a BELKIN USB 2.0 PCI
    > (f5u220) pci card. But whatever i try, it keeps signalling that the usb
    > controller(s) can' t be installed. I already tried to change the PCI slots,
    > i've removed my Audigy sound card but the problem stays. i've uninstalled
    > the onboard usb 1.0 controller, another usb 2.0 card (ALI) nothing helps. I
    > tried to manually install usb 2.0 drivers without any result.
    > i can't find the right answer with ASUS.
    >
    > So any ideas around ?
    >
    > Ronald

    Please include the exact error message you see, when doing the install.

    Paul

    In article <nospam-1407041407480001@192.168.1.177>, nospam@needed.com
    (Paul) wrote:

    > In article <c_9Jc.139522$3N6.114507@amsnews05.chello.com>, "ronald
    > stougie" <r.stougie@chello.nl> wrote:
    >
    > > Is there anybody who can help me?
    > >
    > > I have a asus a7v266-e motherboard with XP sp1, with latest biosupdate,
    > > latest VIA 4in1 drivers. I am trying to install a BELKIN USB 2.0 PCI
    > > (f5u220) pci card. But whatever i try, it keeps signalling that the usb
    > > controller(s) can' t be installed. I already tried to change the PCI slots,
    > > i've removed my Audigy sound card but the problem stays. i've uninstalled
    > > the onboard usb 1.0 controller, another usb 2.0 card (ALI) nothing helps. I
    > > tried to manually install usb 2.0 drivers without any result.
    > > i can't find the right answer with ASUS.
    > >
    > > So any ideas around ?
    > >
    > > Ronald
    >
    > Please include the exact error message you see, when doing the install.
    >
    > Paul

    For example, if you see:

    "An error has occurred during the installation of this device.
    The data is invalid."

    then see this article:

    http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Tips.htm#probleminst

    You might want to check in groups.google.com for other user experiences.
    Some people seem to have trouble getting that card to work.
    It is like the hardware just isn't detected at boot. You
    might look in Device Manager, to see if anything changes, on
    the boot after the card is plugged in.

    HTH,
    Paul

    After the new hardware found message comes the message that the hardware
    could not be installed, "the hardware is wrongly configured"(translated from
    the dutch version of XP)

    In article <UgBJc.40974$qK.38097@amsnews02.chello.com>, "ronald stougie"
    <r.stougie@chello.nl> wrote:

    > After the new hardware found message comes the message that the hardware
    > could not be installed, "the hardware is wrongly configured"(translated from
    > the dutch version of XP)

    Does that mean the same thing as "The data is invalid." ?
    babelfish.altavista.com says = "de gegevens zijn ongeldig."

    then see this article:

    http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Tips.htm#probleminst

    Paul

    > "Paul" <nospam@needed.com> schreef in bericht
    > > In article <c_9Jc.139522$3N6.114507@amsnews05.chello.com>, "ronald
    > > stougie" <r.stougie@chello.nl> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Is there anybody who can help me?
    > > >
    > > > I have a asus a7v266-e motherboard with XP sp1, with latest biosupdate,
    > > > latest VIA 4in1 drivers. I am trying to install a BELKIN USB 2.0 PCI
    > > > (f5u220) pci card. But whatever i try, it keeps signalling that the usb
    > > > controller(s) can' t be installed. I already tried to change the PCI
    > slots,
    > > > i've removed my Audigy sound card but the problem stays. i've
    > uninstalled
    > > > the onboard usb 1.0 controller, another usb 2.0 card (ALI) nothing
    > helps. I
    > > > tried to manually install usb 2.0 drivers without any result.
    > > > i can't find the right answer with ASUS.
    > > >
    > > > So any ideas around ?
    > > >
    > > > Ronald
    > >
    > > Please include the exact error message you see, when doing the install.
    > >
    > > Paul

    Yes!!

    It's working i followed the procedure in
    http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Tips.htm#probleminst and the installation was
    done all right. Thank you very much.

    Ronald

    > In article <UgBJc.40974$qK.38097@amsnews02.chello.com>, "ronald stougie"
    > <r.stougie@chello.nl> wrote:
    >
    > > After the new hardware found message comes the message that the hardware
    > > could not be installed, "the hardware is wrongly configured"(translated
    from
    > > the dutch version of XP)
    >
    > Does that mean the same thing as "The data is invalid." ?
    > babelfish.altavista.com says = "de gegevens zijn ongeldig."
    >
    > then see this article:
    >
    > http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Tips.htm#probleminst
    >
    > Paul
    >

    > > "Paul" <nospam@needed.com> schreef in bericht

    > > slots,
    > > uninstalled
    > > helps. I

    > > > Please include the exact error message you see, when doing the
    install.

    > > > Paul

Asus USB Windows XP Motherboards