USB+Windows XP = REBOOT

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

I have a problem which is driving me nuts.

The problem is that when I connect my IPAQ or any other
USB device to my laptop (running XP SP1), the computer
immediately detects the device, and then the computer
reboots 2 seconds later (this also occurs when it docked).

When it reboots into Windows, after XP finishes loading it
again detects the device, then reboots two seconds later
again. This process is repeated indefinitely -- it never
actually finishes detecting & installing the USB device.

I purchased a USB hub in the hope this may address the
problem with no luck.

I have also tried to address the issue by applying the
WindowsXP-KB822603-x86-ENU fix - again no luck.

Any suggestions???

George