SuSE Linux 9.1 on A7N8X-DLX???

I am thinking of running dual-boot with SuSE 9.1 and WinXP.

My system is pretty basic:

Single 120GB EIDE Drive
Two Lite-on SOHC-5232K CD-RW/DVD Combo drives
1 GB Corsair TwinX ram (512x2)
AthlonXP 2800+
GeForce 5200 AGP card (two inputs)

Any gotcha's I may need to know?

Thanks,

SithTracy
1 answer Last reply
More about suse linux a7n8x

    SithTracy wrote:

    > I am thinking of running dual-boot with SuSE 9.1 and WinXP.
    >
    > My system is pretty basic:
    >
    > Single 120GB EIDE Drive
    > Two Lite-on SOHC-5232K CD-RW/DVD Combo drives
    > 1 GB Corsair TwinX ram (512x2)
    > AthlonXP 2800+
    > GeForce 5200 AGP card (two inputs)
    >
    > Any gotcha's I may need to know?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > SithTracy

    All looks good to me, Alsa provide support for the ALC650 chipset
    (sound) and Asus have a nforce linux driver.
    The only problem you might have is that XP wont see any hard drive over 80M
    so you need a different utility to fdisk your HD
    You can download EBCD
    http://ebcd.pcministry.com/
    You can use the GNU fdisk utility on the EBCD boot cdrom to make a fat32
    partition for XP first, or several partitions.... when you install XP you
    can then convert the partition(s) to NTFS if you wish. Use the remainder of
    the space as an extended partition and use SuSe yast to setup linux
    partitions in this space.

Asus Motherboards