USB - Samsung i500 PDA phone

sas

I obtained a new Dell laptop with Windows XP, and my PDA phone will not hot synch. Every time I try, I get a message that "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." The PDA worked fine on my previous laptop, which was running Windows 2000. I have plugged the hot synch cable into all of the USB ports on the laptop, and the same problem comes up every time. Any suggestions?

Which version of ActiveSync are you running?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"SAS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I obtained a new Dell laptop with Windows XP, and my PDA phone will not hot
>synch. Every time I try, I get a message that "One of the USB devices
>attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize
>it." The PDA worked fine on my previous laptop, which was running Windows
>2000. I have plugged the hot synch cable into all of the USB ports on the
>laptop, and the same problem comes up every time. Any suggestions?

peter

Hi,

Have you installed Active Synchronize on the Dell laptop?
If yes, disconnect all USB devices from the laptop; then try boot in save mode and login as administrator, go to device manager and uninstall the USB Open Host Controller then reboot to normal startup. Windows should find new hardware and install the USB drivers again.
Try run Active Synch and then connect the PDA to the USB port.

Hope it helps.

Peter