P4B533-E support for the latest P4 2.4AE ??

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Just wonder if anyone have tried this combination, as the new 2.4AE is
really reasonable in price, and got a P4B533-E sitting here..

Thanks..

Paul

Splendid

In article <d52cf0l6m3cql5bk27h3g6v29b3m55kfkc@4ax.com>,
don_leeNO_aa_SPAM@telus.net wrote:

> Just wonder if anyone have tried this combination, as the new 2.4AE is
> really reasonable in price, and got a P4B533-E sitting here..
>
> Thanks..

Have you checked here ? Everything listed looks like Northwood
0.13u stuff.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

Paul

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Have checked Asus site and realized this mobo does not support this
new 2.4AE offically. However from what I can tell, it is a socket 478
CPU with 533 fsb, both features are support by this mobo so I don't
understand what stops it from supporting this cpu. I am hoping someone
with this mobo has try it out already as price performance goes it
would be excellent choice to prolong the life of this mobo.