Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm trying to buy a video card, but I need a help to
choose between:
s3 savage 8MB PCI or AGP cards.
Which one of them is better by performance PCI or AGP ?

AGP is always better than PCI but I would definitely go with 128mb or
64mb... and if $s are no option, then 256mb.

8mb...... OUCH!
--
Cari
www.coribright.com
"Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to buy a video card, but I need a help to
> choose between:
> s3 savage 8MB PCI or AGP cards.
> Which one of them is better by performance PCI or AGP ?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

thanks Cari,
yeah, $s are the priority one.
I have an old video card (1998)in it. it's Cirrus Logic.
Not sure if it has any memory. Can be a video card without
any memory?

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

No it cannot be without memory. Perhaps it has 2 mb.
Get one with at least 64 mb they are not that expensive...

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________
Kenny S
foksot2004 at hotmail.com
www.computerboom.net
> thanks Cari,
> yeah, $s are the priority one.
> I have an old video card (1998)in it. it's Cirrus Logic.
> Not sure if it has any memory. Can be a video card without
> any memory?

---

you are asking about replacing an old outdated card with an equally old outdated card.

go for at least an ati radeon 7500 they can be had for $35 and come with 32 megs and would be 10 times faster than that old slow s3 thing

TRENDING THREADS