Suse 9.1 Per/Pro?

Is this MOBO Ready for either?
I have a AMD 64 3200+ on this board...
& Curious If anyone here has tested or uses Suse 9.1? Which would be
better noticing speed?
6 answers Last reply
More about suse

    "Tyrs4u" <tyrs4u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is this MOBO Ready for either?
    > I have a AMD 64 3200+ on this board...
    > & Curious If anyone here has tested or uses Suse 9.1? Which would be
    > better noticing speed?

    Only the PRO has the 64-bit support. Check in the SuSE groups to see what
    problems people are experiencing if you are hesitant to try.

    Pete

    "Tyrs4u" <tyrs4u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is this MOBO Ready for either?
    > I have a AMD 64 3200+ on this board...
    > & Curious If anyone here has tested or uses Suse 9.1? Which would be
    > better noticing speed?

    I too am thinking about this.

    You might also want to ask this question in the alt.os.linux.suse news
    group.
    --
    Doug Ramage

    [watch spam trap]

    Peter F wrote:

    >Tyrs4u wrote
    >> Is this MOBO Ready for either?
    >> I have a AMD 64 3200+ on this board...
    >> & Curious If anyone here has tested or uses Suse 9.1? Which would be
    >> better noticing speed?
    >
    >Only the PRO has the 64-bit support. Check in the SuSE groups to see what
    >problems people are experiencing if you are hesitant to try.

    Last week I installed SuSE 9.1 on an A7N266. It recognized everything
    on the motherboard! It picked up the onboard video, audio and
    network. It installed in less than an hour. Nothing but a positive
    experience here.

    I'm not sure about the 64 bit version but the 32 installed like a
    charm.

    -= https://home.comcast.net/~d.j.go/ =-

    > Last week I installed SuSE 9.1 on an A7N266. It recognized everything
    > on the motherboard! It picked up the onboard video, audio and
    > network. It installed in less than an hour. Nothing but a positive
    > experience here.
    >
    > I'm not sure about the 64 bit version but the 32 installed like a
    > charm.

    Theirs a rumor going around that asus is not linux 64 bit friendly. I
    believe i saw the article on slashdot.

    Il Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:41:45 +0000, Drew Cutter ha scritto:

    >> Last week I installed SuSE 9.1 on an A7N266. It recognized everything
    >> on the motherboard! It picked up the onboard video, audio and
    >> network. It installed in less than an hour. Nothing but a positive
    >> experience here.
    >>
    >> I'm not sure about the 64 bit version but the 32 installed like a
    >> charm.
    >
    > Theirs a rumor going around that asus is not linux 64 bit friendly. I
    > believe i saw the article on slashdot.

    How u can say that? It was simply the first distro introducing official
    support for AMD64.

    > How u can say that? It was simply the first distro introducing official
    > support for AMD64.

    I'm more in line with you. Too early yet. Just some early response to
    asus support for linux and 64 bit.

Asus AMD Motherboards