Suse 9.1 Per/Pro?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
July 15, 2004 12:21:12 PM

Is this MOBO Ready for either?
I have a AMD 64 3200+ on this board...
& Curious If anyone here has tested or uses Suse 9.1? Which would be
better noticing speed?

More about : suse pro

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 15, 2004 3:44:50 PM

"Tyrs4u" <tyrs4u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is this MOBO Ready for either?
> I have a AMD 64 3200+ on this board...
> & Curious If anyone here has tested or uses Suse 9.1? Which would be
> better noticing speed?

Only the PRO has the 64-bit support. Check in the SuSE groups to see what
problems people are experiencing if you are hesitant to try.

Pete
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 15, 2004 3:46:01 PM

"Tyrs4u" <tyrs4u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is this MOBO Ready for either?
> I have a AMD 64 3200+ on this board...
> & Curious If anyone here has tested or uses Suse 9.1? Which would be
> better noticing speed?

I too am thinking about this.

You might also want to ask this question in the alt.os.linux.suse news
group.
--
Doug Ramage

[watch spam trap]
a b V Motherboard
July 15, 2004 8:45:47 PM

Peter F wrote:

>Tyrs4u wrote
>> Is this MOBO Ready for either?
>> I have a AMD 64 3200+ on this board...
>> & Curious If anyone here has tested or uses Suse 9.1? Which would be
>> better noticing speed?
>
>Only the PRO has the 64-bit support. Check in the SuSE groups to see what
>problems people are experiencing if you are hesitant to try.

Last week I installed SuSE 9.1 on an A7N266. It recognized everything
on the motherboard! It picked up the onboard video, audio and
network. It installed in less than an hour. Nothing but a positive
experience here.

I'm not sure about the 64 bit version but the 32 installed like a
charm.

-= https://home.comcast.net/~d.j.go/ =-
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 16, 2004 5:41:45 AM

> Last week I installed SuSE 9.1 on an A7N266. It recognized everything
> on the motherboard! It picked up the onboard video, audio and
> network. It installed in less than an hour. Nothing but a positive
> experience here.
>
> I'm not sure about the 64 bit version but the 32 installed like a
> charm.

Theirs a rumor going around that asus is not linux 64 bit friendly. I
believe i saw the article on slashdot.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 17, 2004 2:24:51 AM

Il Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:41:45 +0000, Drew Cutter ha scritto:

>> Last week I installed SuSE 9.1 on an A7N266. It recognized everything
>> on the motherboard! It picked up the onboard video, audio and
>> network. It installed in less than an hour. Nothing but a positive
>> experience here.
>>
>> I'm not sure about the 64 bit version but the 32 installed like a
>> charm.
>
> Theirs a rumor going around that asus is not linux 64 bit friendly. I
> believe i saw the article on slashdot.

How u can say that? It was simply the first distro introducing official
support for AMD64.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 18, 2004 6:23:18 PM

> How u can say that? It was simply the first distro introducing official
> support for AMD64.

I'm more in line with you. Too early yet. Just some early response to
asus support for linux and 64 bit.
!