Mountmgr.sys is Corrupted

Hi, I've just got a brand spanking new PC (xp 2800, 160gb, 512 ram, ecs n2u400-a motherboard) which was built for me by the shop I got it from, needless to say they haven't been any use as yet. The bios was already set to boot from CD but when I put my copy of win xp pro in set up fails with "mountmgr.sys is corrupted". I tried fdisk and partition the drive with one active primary partition of 5% and the rest an extended one. I pretty new to pc's in general and was hoping someone out there had some idea of what is going wrong. I don't think it's the disk as when I put it in my old pc and my laptop, it runs with the "what do you want do" screen.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rob

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;234048