  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
July 15, 2004 11:44:15 PM

Does the P4B533-E support Hyperthreading CPU?
NBK

More about : p4b533 hyperthreading cpu

July 16, 2004 4:31:02 AM

In article <j8BJc.160465$tH1.6105289@twister.southeast.rr.com>, NBK
<die@spammer.com> wrote:

> Does the P4B533-E support Hyperthreading CPU?
> NBK

Go to the download page:

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?Model...

Click the "More" button next to the 1011 BIOS. It says:

1. Support Intel Hyper Threading Technology

Now, check the cpusupport web page and in particular, the last
entry on the page:

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.as...

P4-3.06 GHz(533 MHz FSB) (HyperThreading) Rev>=1.02 BIOS>=1011
(With IAA version 2.2.2 or later)

You will need a board revision of 1.02 or later, then flash the
BIOS using your existing processor, to at least 1011. Then, it will
be ready for Hyperthreading. You will need an OS that uses Hyperthreading
to gain a benefit from this effort. If you don't have a Rev 1.02,
then it is hard to say what might happen - it could be there isn't
sufficient power to run a 3.06GHz processor, or it could be that
boards before Rev 1.02 don't have Hyperthreading support in the
chipset. Obviously, you'll only have to worry about that if your
board is rev 1.01.

If you are using IAA, its revision has to be recent enough to
work with Hyperthreading. You may want to check the status of
any hardware drivers as well, as some hardware (Audigy?) had
issues with Hyperthreading and its driver.

HTH,
Paul
July 16, 2004 8:00:33 PM

Paul wrote:
> In article <j8BJc.160465$tH1.6105289@twister.southeast.rr.com>, NBK
> <die@spammer.com> wrote:
>

>>Does the P4B533-E support Hyperthreading CPU?
>>NBK
>

> Go to the download page:
>
> http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?Model...
>
> Click the "More" button next to the 1011 BIOS. It says:
>
> 1. Support Intel Hyper Threading Technology
>
> Now, check the cpusupport web page and in particular, the last
> entry on the page:
>
> http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.as...
>
> P4-3.06 GHz(533 MHz FSB) (HyperThreading) Rev>=1.02 BIOS>=1011
> (With IAA version 2.2.2 or later)
>
> You will need a board revision of 1.02 or later, then flash the
> BIOS using your existing processor, to at least 1011. Then, it will
> be ready for Hyperthreading. You will need an OS that uses Hyperthreading
> to gain a benefit from this effort. If you don't have a Rev 1.02,
> then it is hard to say what might happen - it could be there isn't
> sufficient power to run a 3.06GHz processor, or it could be that
> boards before Rev 1.02 don't have Hyperthreading support in the
> chipset. Obviously, you'll only have to worry about that if your
> board is rev 1.01.
>
> If you are using IAA, its revision has to be recent enough to
> work with Hyperthreading. You may want to check the status of
> any hardware drivers as well, as some hardware (Audigy?) had
> issues with Hyperthreading and its driver.
>
> HTH,
> Paul
Thanks Paul
My P4B533-E is a 1.02 revision. I am running the 1014 BIOS.
I have an Audigy 1 MP3.
NBK
!