I have an ASUS P4T motherboard installed in my PC. If I let the PC run
for a long time (all day, for instance) and then turn my PC off and
immediately hit the power button to turn it back on, the power LED
flickers and then nothing ... no power ... I actually have to unplug the
cord and flip the power supply switch off for about 10 minutes and then
back on before I can get power to my system. Anybody have any thoughts
about what's going on? Do I have a faulty or insufficient power supply?
Do I have a faulty motherboard? This problem is more of a nuisance than
anything else, but since I built the darn thing, I'd like to know what
I've done wrong.

Thanks,
David

Paul

Splendid

In article <MPG.1b60a337b491ac1b989687@news-server.nc.rr.com>, DH
<northraleigh@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have an ASUS P4T motherboard installed in my PC. If I let the PC run
> for a long time (all day, for instance) and then turn my PC off and
> immediately hit the power button to turn it back on, the power LED
> flickers and then nothing ... no power ... I actually have to unplug the
> cord and flip the power supply switch off for about 10 minutes and then
> back on before I can get power to my system. Anybody have any thoughts
> about what's going on? Do I have a faulty or insufficient power supply?
> Do I have a faulty motherboard? This problem is more of a nuisance than
> anything else, but since I built the darn thing, I'd like to know what
> I've done wrong.
>
> Thanks,
> David

It could be that the power supply doesn't spin its fan fast enough
to keep the PSU cool. Or, if you have several other fans exhausting
the case, it could be robbing the PSU of air flow. Given the number
of PSU problems posted in this group, swapping it would be a good
place to start. And, even if it isn't the supply, having a spare
supply handy for the day it does fail, is a good idea. So buy a
PSU of sufficient quality, that it can be used in a future project.

Paul