New hard drive & WXP updates

paulf

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

I am replacing the hard drive in my Dell laptop and will
re-install Windows XP home edition. My question has to do
with ALL the XP updates I've install over the last 2
years. Is there a way to install them all at once? Or, do
I need to go to the update page and download & install
them one at a time?

Any help would be appreciated. I am changing hard drives
in a few days.

THANKS,
paulf

windows update

service pack 1 first

then do all the remaining updates in one shot by not removing any of them from the list windows update automatically suggests for critical and security

bar

If you replace the HDD in your Dell, and if the Dell came with XP and you expect to reinstall the XP system from their system restore disks, you may find that it will not load.

It is a contravention of the OEM Licence agreement to install the Dell XP system on a different configuration. Their setup / restore process should check out the hardware configuration and may throw up an error message on finding this new HDD.

You should check this carefully, with the Dell customer support folks, as it may require that you purchase an Upgarde Version or Full version of XP to accomplish what you regard as your 'simple' HDD upgrade.

paulf

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

Thanks for the insight. It will be most helpful.

paulf

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

Thanks a lot Dude! This will be helpful.