Microsoft Optical Mouse and Power-on keyboard Link

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
July 16, 2004 2:00:53 AM

I have an Asus P4P800-E deluxe motherboard and have moved the power on
keyboard link so I can use the power on button on my keyboard.
When the system is powered off (not standby) the front LED on my optical
mouse still remains lit.

Is there any setting in the BIOS to turn off power to the mouse? I am using
the PS2 connector at present , but there is also a USB adapter with this
mouse, which I have not tried.
Thx in advance.
July 17, 2004 5:50:44 AM

anc wrote:
> I have an Asus P4P800-E deluxe motherboard and have moved the power on
> keyboard link so I can use the power on button on my keyboard.
> When the system is powered off (not standby) the front LED on my optical
> mouse still remains lit.
>
> Is there any setting in the BIOS to turn off power to the mouse? I am using
> the PS2 connector at present , but there is also a USB adapter with this
> mouse, which I have not tried.
> Thx in advance.

Unfortunately the +5v/+5vsb jumper energizes both of the PS/2 connectors
on all the boards I've seen. This keeps the LED on the mouse lit.
Using the USB connection always solved it for me.

Rob
!