Way to hook front usb ports to A7V8X-X?

When I built this machine I was anxious and didn't put all the bells
and whistles in it, at first. But now I would like to get it working
to it's full potential and wondered if the motherboard comes ready to
produce two extra usb ports in the front of the case. And if so, where
do the usb wires hook up the the motherboard?

-Thanks, Matt
4 answers Last reply
More about hook front ports a7v8x

    matthew1@metrocast.net (matthew) wrote in

    >And if so, where do the usb wires hook up the
    >the motherboard?

    RTFM
    Schorsch

    Georg Mildenberger <georg.mildenberger@gmx.de> wrote in

    >>And if so, where do the usb wires hook up the
    >>the motherboard?
    >
    > RTFM
    > Schorsch

    Say's there is a header near the battery in the vis a vis the 2nd
    lowest PCI slot.
    Schorsch

    Georg Mildenberger wrote:
    > Georg Mildenberger <georg.mildenberger@gmx.de> wrote in
    >

    >>>And if so, where do the usb wires hook up the
    >>>the motherboard?
    >>
    >>RTFM
    >>Schorsch
    >>

    > Say's there is a header near the battery in the vis a vis the 2nd
    > lowest PCI slot.
    > Schorsch

    Correct, you need to read the manual so you can see what pin is what.
    No way of posting that info here, without some pictures, that are
    already in the manual *8D Dog ate it? get it in PDF form, from the ASUS
    download section www.asus.com

    In article <40f784a6$0$16105$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
    antnel@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Georg Mildenberger wrote:
    > > Georg Mildenberger <georg.mildenberger@gmx.de> wrote in

    > >>RTFM
    > >>Schorsch
    > >>

    > > Say's there is a header near the battery in the vis a vis the 2nd
    > > lowest PCI slot.
    > > Schorsch
    >
    > Correct, you need to read the manual so you can see what pin is what.
    > No way of posting that info here, without some pictures, that are
    > already in the manual *8D Dog ate it? get it in PDF form, from the ASUS
    > download section www.asus.com

    +5 D- D+ GND (No_connect)
    USB56 X X X X X <---- Top five pins goes to one
    X X X X USB interface. Last pin
    has no connection, leaving
    four pins used.

    USB56 X X X X X
    X X X X <---- Bottom has four pins and
    +5 D- D+ GND is keyed by the missing pin
    It forms the second interface.

    USB56 is near the bottom of the board, near the center. It contains
    two USB interfaces.

    USBPW56 sits right above it. It is a 1x3 header. Placing the jumper
    on the left hand position, powers the USB56 from +5V. Placing
    the jumper on the right hand position, powers the USB56 from +5VSB.
    Using +5VSB is suitable for USB devices used to wake the computer
    from sleep. Otherwise, use the left hand position for the jumper,
    to save wear and tear on the PSU. The left hand position is the
    default from the factory.

    If attempting to use USB2 rates, make sure the cabling is rated for
    USB2 operation. Many computer cases have USB 1.1 only cabling for
    the front connectors, and the case manufacturers do that on purpose
    to save a few pennies.

    Paul

Asus USB Motherboards