OMFG !! Someone help me please ! I used EZFlash on P4S800D..

Well just like the title and summary says I tried to use the Ezflash feature
to try to update my BIOS and now it wont even post ? Is there any hope at
all ? I tried using the CD-Rom that came with it in hopes that the
CrashFree 2 program would kick in and work but I cant even get it to post
let alone a screen to get it to read the cd-rom. Anyone have this problem
before ?

Doug.M wrote:
> Well just like the title and summary says I tried to use the Ezflash
> feature to try to update my BIOS and now it wont even post ? Is there any
> hope at all ? I tried using the CD-Rom that came with it in hopes that the
> CrashFree 2 program would kick in and work but I cant even get it to post
> let alone a screen to get it to read the cd-rom. Anyone have this problem
> before ?

Does the floppy drive light up and make noises when you power up?

If so, then there is hope. With a boot disk, flash program with the correct
options (so that it requires no user input) run from autoexec and a bit of
luck... you might get it back by flashing again.

Otherwise, you'd best hope that your BIOS is socketed... if so, a spare can
be obtained... or a hot swap and flash might do it. Basically you swap the
BIOS chip with a known good one from a similar (same chipset and BIOS
manufacturer) board, boot your board, pull the BIOS chip whilst live, put
your old chip in and flash it, with crossed fingers...

Should be lots of info out there... would suggest you find a more detailed
approach before trying it :)

Ben

Ben Pope wrote:

> Doug.M wrote:
>> Well just like the title and summary says I tried to use the Ezflash
>> feature to try to update my BIOS and now it wont even post ? Is there any
>> hope at all ? I tried using the CD-Rom that came with it in hopes that
>> the CrashFree 2 program would kick in and work but I cant even get it to
>> post let alone a screen to get it to read the cd-rom. Anyone have this
>> problem before ?
>
> Does the floppy drive light up and make noises when you power up?
>
> If so, then there is hope. With a boot disk, flash program with the
> correct options (so that it requires no user input) run from autoexec and
> a bit of luck... you might get it back by flashing again.
>
> Otherwise, you'd best hope that your BIOS is socketed... if so, a spare
> can
> be obtained... or a hot swap and flash might do it. Basically you swap
> the BIOS chip with a known good one from a similar (same chipset and BIOS
> manufacturer) board, boot your board, pull the BIOS chip whilst live, put
> your old chip in and flash it, with crossed fingers...
>
> Should be lots of info out there... would suggest you find a more detailed
> approach before trying it :)
>
> Ben

Okay but how do I do that ? It uses AFUDOS.exe to flash the BIOS but I don't
know the values for sure. Well AFUSDOS.exe D1004.AMI /n /PBNC work ? These
are the same values someone else used in a post I was reading on a another
tech site. Of course they were flashing a work BIOS of a differrent
MotherBoard. Any tip or clues as to what I should be putting into this disk
and Autoexec.bat file would be helpful.

MikeSp

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004

There may be some help at www.badflash.com since it has lots of info on that
subject. Dunno which gives me greater paranoia--viruses or a bad BIOS
flash. (I feel VERY lucky, as a noob at building computers, that I used
afudos.exe instead of trying my luck at EZ Flash) when I was setting up my
P4C800-ED. Good luck to you.

MikeSp
--------------------------------------
"Doug.M" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
> Ben Pope wrote:
>
> > Doug.M wrote:
> >> Well just like the title and summary says I tried to use the Ezflash
> >> feature to try to update my BIOS and now it wont even post ? Is there
any
> >> hope at all ? I tried using the CD-Rom that came with it in hopes that
> >> the CrashFree 2 program would kick in and work but I cant even get it
> >> post let alone a screen to get it to read the cd-rom. Anyone have this
> >> problem before ?
> >
> > Does the floppy drive light up and make noises when you power up?
> >
> > If so, then there is hope. With a boot disk, flash program with the
> > correct options (so that it requires no user input) run from autoexec
and
> > a bit of luck... you might get it back by flashing again.
> >
> > Otherwise, you'd best hope that your BIOS is socketed... if so, a spare
> > can
> > be obtained... or a hot swap and flash might do it. Basically you swap
> > the BIOS chip with a known good one from a similar (same chipset and
BIOS
> > manufacturer) board, boot your board, pull the BIOS chip whilst live,
put
> > your old chip in and flash it, with crossed fingers...
> >
> > Should be lots of info out there... would suggest you find a more
detailed
> > approach before trying it :)
> >
> > Ben
>
> Okay but how do I do that ? It uses AFUDOS.exe to flash the BIOS but I
don't
> know the values for sure. Well AFUSDOS.exe D1004.AMI /n /PBNC work ? These
> are the same values someone else used in a post I was reading on a another
> tech site. Of course they were flashing a work BIOS of a differrent
> MotherBoard. Any tip or clues as to what I should be putting into this
disk
> and Autoexec.bat file would be helpful.

badflash.com helps you out if the bios is fubar. But before that, try making
a bootable floppy which reprograms the bios, removing your videocard, and
powering up. No videocard sometimes makes whatevers left of the bios to read
the floppy by default - sometimes it works. Failing that, try my first
recommendation. Your board isnt dead ;) just the bios sounds like its
cracked a wobbly.

Doug.M wrote:

> Well just like the title and summary says I tried to use the Ezflash
> feature to try to update my BIOS and now it wont even post ? Is there any
> hope at all ? I tried using the CD-Rom that came with it in hopes that the
> CrashFree 2 program would kick in and work but I cant even get it to post
> let alone a screen to get it to read the cd-rom. Anyone have this problem
> before ?

Did you received a message , "Flashed successfully. Rebooting" ?
or did you save a copy of the original BIOS before proceeding with the
flash?
If no is your answer then I would consult your m/b manual and try the link
to reset your cmos, if its not been flashed properly, the eprom may be
corrupt and a reset may get out of trouble.

"Fred" <panther@GO_ AWAY_ SPAMMERS.wi.rr.com> wrote in message

> > cracked a wobbly.
>
> Huh?
>
> Fred