Error formatting RAID0 array

I am trying to install Windows XP on 2 Hitachi 160GB SATA
drives. They are set as striped in the Silicon Image 3112
Bios. I install the Raid drivers off of a floppy during
the setup run from the cd. Setup detects the two drives
as a single 320GB drive. I create a partition and try to
format it to NTFS. When the progress bar completes, I
receive an error message telling me that Windows could not
format the drive and to please check settings for drive or
it could be damaged, etc.

I have tried to format in both the Windows setup run via
installation cd, as well as a current Windows install on
another IDE drive. Both tell me that Windows is unable to
format the drive.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

bar

Refer to your Motherboard Manual.

Sometimes there are one or more separate user guides specifically for RAID controller.

The SATA RAID setup is not performed by Windows, but a Utility in the on Board Chip.

Carefully read you manuals.

P.S. I have read in an earlier posting that Windows will not boot from a RAID configuration, so if any others have more information to add to this it would be beneficial to have your feedback on this.

TRENDING THREADS