P4B533 USB connection woes

Some time ago I bought a external HD enclosure which constantly would
disconnect & reconnect. This was especially annoying when a transfer of a
large file was in progress. I thought in the end it might be a fault with
the enclosure so I got rid of it. Now I am having the same problem with a
Transcend USB Flash drive. I am using it on many other computers but I am
only having the disconnection issue with my main PC with the P4B533-E
motherboard. I have searched archives and found a few others with this
problem & a P4B533 board but no solution. I have tried disabling power
management for all USB hubs in the device manager. I have tried all the
USB connectors, on the back of the board and in the front panel, same
results. My scanner & printer are both USB and I have not noticed any
problem with these. Anyone have a solution or is my motherboard faulty?
2 answers Last reply
More about p4b533 connection woes

    I have a P4B533 and have had the same problem. I found that if I connected
    the drive before booting the computer there was no more problems.

    Leo

    "tropo" <tropo@newsgroup.com> wrote in message
    > Some time ago I bought a external HD enclosure which constantly would
    > disconnect & reconnect. This was especially annoying when a transfer of
    > large file was in progress. I thought in the end it might be a fault
    > with
    > the enclosure so I got rid of it. Now I am having the same problem with
    > Transcend USB Flash drive. I am using it on many other computers but I
    > am
    > only having the disconnection issue with my main PC with the P4B533-E
    > motherboard. I have searched archives and found a few others with this
    > problem & a P4B533 board but no solution. I have tried disabling power
    > management for all USB hubs in the device manager. I have tried all
    > the
    > USB connectors, on the back of the board and in the front panel, same
    > results. My scanner & printer are both USB and I have not noticed any
    > problem with these. Anyone have a solution or is my motherboard faulty?

    Have you tried disabling the onboard network controller?

    "tropo" <tropo@newsgroup.com> wrote in message
    > Some time ago I bought a external HD enclosure which constantly would
    > disconnect & reconnect. This was especially annoying when a transfer of a
    > large file was in progress. I thought in the end it might be a fault with
    > the enclosure so I got rid of it. Now I am having the same problem with a
    > Transcend USB Flash drive. I am using it on many other computers but I am
    > only having the disconnection issue with my main PC with the P4B533-E
    > motherboard. I have searched archives and found a few others with this
    > problem & a P4B533 board but no solution. I have tried disabling power
    > management for all USB hubs in the device manager. I have tried all the
    > USB connectors, on the back of the board and in the front panel, same
    > results. My scanner & printer are both USB and I have not noticed any
    > problem with these. Anyone have a solution or is my motherboard faulty?

Asus Connection USB Motherboards