SPEECH RECOGITION

Andy

The help index on my XP goes into detail about how
to INSTALL SPEECH RECOGNITION. These details are
true only until it gets to anything concerning SPEECH.
Am I correct in assuming that my XP, does not
support SPEECH RECOGNITION without my spending a
considerable amount of money. I have already invested
in equipment and wish to cut my losses.

HOW TO: Install and Configure Speech Recognition in Windows XP

Some of the more popular voice recognition products available include:

Dragon Systems (Point and Speak and Naturally Speaking) - www.dragonsys.com
IBM (ViaVoice) - www.ibm.com/software/speech/
Lernout and Hauspie (Voice XpressAdvanced) - www.lhs.com
Phillips (Free Speech 2000) - www.copia.com.au/free_speech_2000.html