The New P5AD2 Premium - Where to get it??

I've read all about Asus's new 925X Chipset Mobo, the P5AD2 Premium on their
Web site, but I can find no vendor that has one for sale. Has anyone built
a system with this Killer board? I can't wait to try this thing out. Any
Help?
6 answers Last reply
More about p5ad2 premium

    well, hexus did a Far Cry patch 1.2 eval using it:
    http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review_print.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD03OTY=

    dawurz

    <DER@Southbeach.net> wrote in message
    > I've read all about Asus's new 925X Chipset Mobo, the P5AD2 Premium on
    their
    > Web site, but I can find no vendor that has one for sale. Has anyone
    built
    > a system with this Killer board? I can't wait to try this thing out. Any
    > Help?

    It hasn't reached the production stage quite yet.

    --
    DaveW

    <DER@Southbeach.net> wrote in message
    > I've read all about Asus's new 925X Chipset Mobo, the P5AD2 Premium on
    their
    > Web site, but I can find no vendor that has one for sale. Has anyone
    built
    > a system with this Killer board? I can't wait to try this thing out. Any
    > Help?

    There was reportedly a fabrication issue with the 915 / 925 chipsets.
    According to a local reseller, Intel issued an advisory that motherboards
    using these chips should not be sold - or words to that effect.
    Between the media and everyone else, things have been deafeningly silent.
    An Intel press release referred to some few thousand of these chips not
    having been fabricated correctly.

    So, between the silence and non availability of the boards, one can only
    speculate - and that never yields concrete results.

    - Tim

    <DER@Southbeach.net> wrote in message
    > I've read all about Asus's new 925X Chipset Mobo, the P5AD2 Premium on
    > their
    > Web site, but I can find no vendor that has one for sale. Has anyone
    > built
    > a system with this Killer board? I can't wait to try this thing out. Any
    > Help?

    Thanks for the note. I do remember reading something about a "few" Intel
    Chips in the 915/925 chip-set being manufactured incorrectly. However, I
    must have mistakenly believed it to be minor and long corrected by now. You
    are probably correct. I'll just wait as see. With the amount of money
    involved, it shouldn't be too long!

    Yikes, I was unawares intel was having this problem. can't be good in the
    face of 939 :)

    "Tim" <Tim@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:cdahmq$n5m$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
    > There was reportedly a fabrication issue with the 915 / 925 chipsets.
    > According to a local reseller, Intel issued an advisory that motherboards
    > using these chips should not be sold - or words to that effect.
    > Between the media and everyone else, things have been deafeningly silent.
    > An Intel press release referred to some few thousand of these chips not
    > having been fabricated correctly.
    >
    > So, between the silence and non availability of the boards, one can only
    > speculate - and that never yields concrete results.
    >
    > - Tim
    >

    > <DER@Southbeach.net> wrote in message
    > > I've read all about Asus's new 925X Chipset Mobo, the P5AD2 Premium on
    > > their
    > > Web site, but I can find no vendor that has one for sale. Has anyone
    > > built
    > > a system with this Killer board? I can't wait to try this thing out.
    Any
    > > Help?

    The problem is real, and Intel did recall the chip, but it's important
    to note that it was a fabrication problem, not a design problem -- a
    batch of the chips were not properly etched. That could have happened
    with any chip.

    mr. presley wrote:

    > Yikes, I was unawares intel was having this problem. can't be good in the
    > face of 939 :)
    >
    > "Tim" <Tim@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:cdahmq$n5m$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
    >
    >>There was reportedly a fabrication issue with the 915 / 925 chipsets.
    >>According to a local reseller, Intel issued an advisory that motherboards
    >>using these chips should not be sold - or words to that effect.
    >>Between the media and everyone else, things have been deafeningly silent.
    >>An Intel press release referred to some few thousand of these chips not
    >>having been fabricated correctly.
    >>
    >>So, between the silence and non availability of the boards, one can only
    >>speculate - and that never yields concrete results.
    >>
    >>- Tim
    >>

    >><DER@Southbeach.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I've read all about Asus's new 925X Chipset Mobo, the P5AD2 Premium on
    >>>their
    >>>Web site, but I can find no vendor that has one for sale. Has anyone
    >>>built
    >>>a system with this Killer board? I can't wait to try this thing out.
    >
    > Any
    >
    >>>Help?

Asus Chipsets Motherboards