lost zip and cd drives

HELP-Any idea why I would loose CD and ZIP drives and drivers when I installed a 2nd hard drive in XP Home? The system info does not see or ecognize the two drives, and neither does the device manager. THANKS!

1) Can the CD & ZIP drives be seen by the BIOS ? If not,
Windows probably won't see them either (I'm assuming they
are IDE devices),

2) Is it possible you knocked a cable loose (or partially
loose) while installing the 2nd hard drive ? It's easy to
do, I've done it.

Post back . . .