theres no C drive!

After re-installing win XP, my boot drive is now E:. There
is no C: and I can't seem to change it. Tried moving
pagefile but that did not work either.

jim b wrote:
> After re-installing win XP, my boot drive is now E:. There
> is no C: and I can't seem to change it. Tried moving
> pagefile but that did not work either.

1) You reinstalled with an external drive attached. You must now clean
install with the drive removed.

2) Why did you think moving the pagefile (which isn't to be advised)
would miraculously correct the situation?

there was no other drive other than the cd-rom and a:
drive when I did the re-install.

I got the 'pagefile' idea from the newsgroup.

there are some other issues though. I was looking for a
fix without having to re-format.

thanks though.

peter

Hi,

No way, the best thing for you to do now is to backup your data files to CDR, CD/RW , DVDR orDVD/RW or whatever removable storage devices.
Then boot from the XP CD, select to delete all the exisiting partitions and then format and clean install XP again.

In fact, there are some ways to fix the problems but are rather complicated and time consumming.
As you said you have other problems as well, so the best way is to perform a clean installation of XP.

Peter