Question about P4S533

Hi

I have a P4S533 SiS646 (PG748) with a 2.23 CPU, but I havent been able to
find much information on the SiS646.
I dont want to upgrade the entire PC yet, so I was wondering, what is the
most powerfull CPU I can plug into this mobo ?

TIA

Paul

Splendid

In article <40f8c8fd$0$269$edfadb0f@dread14.news.tele.dk>, "Mr B" <ask@me>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a P4S533 SiS646 (PG748) with a 2.23 CPU, but I havent been able to
> find much information on the SiS646.
> I dont want to upgrade the entire PC yet, so I was wondering, what is the
> most powerfull CPU I can plug into this mobo ?
>
> TIA

Stops at 2.8GHz/FSB533/512KB cache (Northwood 0.13u, not Prescott 90nm)
See:

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

Paul

Hi!

This is not a 646 chipset, it is a SiS 645DX chipset. The P4S533 is a great
overclocker, so I would stick to it. The fastest cpu you could find on the
market is the 3.06Ghz. Unfortunately, you will never be able to go beyond
this speed since Intel does not produce FSB533 cpu above 3.06... So, should
you wish to reach 4Ghz cpu in early 2005, you might want to change your
system! However, I would not spend that money at this time. Just upgrade
your cpu with the 3.06

--
Daniel

www.dromadaire.com/cimetiere/ouonsenva (français)