Server Help

Hi,

Just a quickie, I own 2 cs servers (1.6 and source) on to which I have
recently added some custom maps, I am at the end of my tether trying to
figure out how to enable the much faster http map downloads as oppose to
having to slowly download them off the server. I presume that I must upload
the maps to my webspace and enable in the server config http downloads
followed by the url of the files but I am unsure of the right format to
upload the maps (zip, individual files, files in folders) and the command to
enable the downloads. Google etc brings back no results :( any one help me
with this please?

TIA

flOwenoL

www.webgangsta.co.uk
#webgangsta (quakenet)

Hi, it's pretty easy to sort out, all the files must be arranged on whatever
host (and that could be your server itself...) you use in exactly the same
way as they are on your server (or, indeed are on your own HD on your pc) in
the form of /cstrike. All that needs to be added is the single line to the
server.cfg..

sv_downloadurl "http://<yourhostnamehere>/cstrike/" for czero it follows the
same convention. For both cs and czero a banner can be added so that it
shows in the 'content hosting provided by' box, for cs:s this does not
work... this banner must be placed n the /cstrike/gfx folder, it must also
be 340x56 pixels and in the form of a .gif

<<low price HL1 & HL2 servers for rental>>
<<10 player private clanserver 12 quid!!>>
http://www.stressed-out.org - for details or #stressed on quakenet
CS Public #1, 195.242.236.6:27015 ff=on, awp=off trial public server
"webgangsta" <webgangsta@NOSPAMwebgangsta.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just a quickie, I own 2 cs servers (1.6 and source) on to which I have
> recently added some custom maps, I am at the end of my tether trying to
> figure out how to enable the much faster http map downloads as oppose to
> having to slowly download them off the server. I presume that I must
> upload
> the maps to my webspace and enable in the server config http downloads
> followed by the url of the files but I am unsure of the right format to
> upload the maps (zip, individual files, files in folders) and the command
> enable the downloads. Google etc brings back no results :( any one help
> me
> with this please?
>
> TIA
>
> flOwenoL
>
> www.webgangsta.co.uk
> #webgangsta (quakenet)

Yeah thanks very much, I did actually sort the problem out before reading
your post, but that is exactly what I did, piece of cake.

Thanks again for your reply

flOwenoL