ACPI broken on Asus A7N8x deluxe ?

I have an Asus A7N8X with Athlon XP 3200+ on Slackware Linux 10.0 with
kernel-2.6.7.When ACPI is enable (kernel) the clock time rum faster then
normal and in 5 hours i have more ten minutes then normal.But disable ACPI
evrything is OK.
Any help is apreciated

VP

VP wrote:
> I have an Asus A7N8X with Athlon XP 3200+ on Slackware Linux 10.0 with
> kernel-2.6.7.When ACPI is enable (kernel) the clock time rum faster then
> normal and in 5 hours i have more ten minutes then normal.But disable ACPI
> evrything is OK.
> Any help is apreciated

It is usual to turn of ACPI and APIC when using linux kernel 2.6 and an
nForce2 chipset. I haven't looked for a while, but that used to be the
case.

Ben