Prescott Ready P4P800 Dlx

Len

Hi folks,

Quick question if anyone knows... am considering a purchase of a 3.0eGhz
CPU. My board is an older, I guess, version of the P4P800 Dlx (Rev 1).
Noted that the voltages for the Prescott run lower than that standard P4
(ie. my current 2.4c).

When checking available core voltages I find that they began at 1.6v and
increase - where as the speck for the prescott is from 1.25 ~ 1.55v. Will
this board realistically support the prescott CPU as is currently claimed
when the very best that can occur is over-volting the CPU?

Not that I am saying 0.05v is the end of the world! It just seems with the
heat the core generates one would be better served to operate at the lowest
temp which works well rather than just above the highest supported.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks, Len

Paul

Splendid

In article <keydnVlaRr4VbWTd4p2dnA@adelphia.com>, "Len"
<len207@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Quick question if anyone knows... am considering a purchase of a 3.0eGhz
> CPU. My board is an older, I guess, version of the P4P800 Dlx (Rev 1).
> Noted that the voltages for the Prescott run lower than that standard P4
> (ie. my current 2.4c).
>
> When checking available core voltages I find that they began at 1.6v and
> increase - where as the speck for the prescott is from 1.25 ~ 1.55v. Will
> this board realistically support the prescott CPU as is currently claimed
> when the very best that can occur is over-volting the CPU?
>
> Not that I am saying 0.05v is the end of the world! It just seems with the
> heat the core generates one would be better served to operate at the lowest
> temp which works well rather than just above the highest supported.
>
> Any info would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks, Len

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

All revisions have the same supported set of processors.

Paul