Access to device

I have installed a scanner (USB 2.0) on a Windows XP Pro SP1 machine. The utility that accesses the status of the device and allows applications to utilize it will only function if I logon to the local machine with Admin privlages. Is there an easy way to make this available to users with less than Admin rights?

Suggest posting in "Windows XP Security and Administration" for help. Probably the answer is already posted - do a search in that news group.

This is not a hardware issue.