Kill all bots/Kill all players/End Round in CS:S

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very used
menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst other things),
which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the bots play on there own
when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!

Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?

Cheers

--
cjmnews04@REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk
[remove the obvious bits]

    *cjm* wrote on 23.05.05 13:58:
    > In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very used
    > menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst other things),
    > which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the bots play on there own
    > when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!

    Could you post that script? I want it too!

    > Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?

    Sorry, dont know. :-)

    > Cheers
    ru, BM

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 12:58:01 +0100, "cjm"
    <cjmnews04@removeme.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very used
    >menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst other things),
    >which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the bots play on there own
    >when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!
    >
    >Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?
    >
    >Cheers

    bot_kill will kill all bots, starting a new round if 1 or less humans
    are still alive.

    dr ratt

    gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
    lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
    gary: you know i can't promise that.
    lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
    gary: i promise. i will never die.

    * Burkhard Müller wrote:
    > *cjm* wrote on 23.05.05 13:58:
    >> In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very
    >> used menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst
    >> other things), which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the
    >> bots play on there own when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!
    >
    > Could you post that script? I want it too!
    >> Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?

    PODbot wasnt' a script, it was a built in menu IIRC. I think the menu
    was bound to '=' by default.

    In CS:S, just bind a key to bot_kill. eg, add this to your
    userconfig.cfg:

    bind f8 bot_kill

    --
    PiG$$
    e : gamepig@piggo.com

    Dr Ratt/Pig$$,

    Thanks, I'll try that....

    Ironically, my exchange has finally be enabled for ADSL and now I can
    connected the internet games with a Ping of less than 400 for the first
    time!! Tried it for the first time last night - averaged < 50Ms.

    Cheers

    Chris
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Burkhard Müller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message
    > *cjm* wrote on 23.05.05 13:58:
    >> In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very
    >> used
    >> menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst other
    >> things),
    >> which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the bots play on there own
    >> when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!
    >
    > Could you post that script? I want it too!
    >
    >> Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?
    >
    > Sorry, dont know. :-)
    >
    >> Cheers
    > ru, BM

    There are various bots for CS. PODBot (find via google) was not necessarily
    the best but it was the most user-friendly - much recommended!

    Chris
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    *dr ratt* wrote:

    > bot_kill will kill all bots, starting a new round if 1 or less humans
    > are still alive.

    Thanx. That's what i was looking for.
    ru, BM
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    "cjm" <cjmnews04@removeme.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very used
    > menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst other
    > things), which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the bots play on
    > there own when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!
    >
    > Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?

    There certainly is for CZ (which uses the same bot commands), but it's
    easier just to use the console commands. They're no brainers, like
    "bot_kill" - and as you start typing "bot" into the console, it shows you a
    short list of commands it thinks you might be about to type, so you don't
    have to remember them verbatim.

    Google for "source bot control menu" if you really want a GUI.

    Charles

    You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.
    - Psalm 18:28
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

    Is there a script or command in source that will let an admin slay an entire
    team at once? At tacticalgamer, we expect teams to complete their objective
    or die trying. When a bomb goes off / gets defused we sometimes find more
    than one player out of position, and as quick as I am with a slaymenu, there
    just isn't enough time to get them all.

    Cheers

    Root
    www.tacticalgamer.com
    CSS Gamer Officer
    CSS server 1 67.19.132.154:27015

    "Charles Tosh" <spamtrap.cvtosh@REMOVEntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > "cjm" <cjmnews04@removeme.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very
    used
    > > menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst other
    > > things), which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the bots play on
    > > there own when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!
    > >
    > > Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?
    >
    > There certainly is for CZ (which uses the same bot commands), but it's
    > easier just to use the console commands. They're no brainers, like
    > "bot_kill" - and as you start typing "bot" into the console, it shows you
    > short list of commands it thinks you might be about to type, so you don't
    > have to remember them verbatim.
    >
    > Google for "source bot control menu" if you really want a GUI.
    >
    > Charles

    > You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.
    > - Psalm 18:28

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 15:55:29 +0100, "Root" <null@null.com> wrote:

    >Is there a script or command in source that will let an admin slay an entire
    >team at once? At tacticalgamer, we expect teams to complete their objective
    >or die trying. When a bomb goes off / gets defused we sometimes find more
    >than one player out of position, and as quick as I am with a slaymenu, there
    >just isn't enough time to get them all.

    kill t/ct, kill all t/ct perhaps.

    dr ratt

    gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
    lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
    gary: you know i can't promise that.
    lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
    gary: i promise. i will never die.

Computers Games Video Games