USB Port shorted out

I've got a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop and recently started having problems with the USB ports. Shortly after I got my computer, my touchpads stopped working, so I purchased a mouse and plugged it into one of the ports. The other day I tried plugging my digital camera into the other port and up pops a message saying that the port has shorted out. I've never had problems with this before. What could have caused this, and how can I fix it? Its really really annoying because now I have to unplug my mouse and use that port, and its extremely hard to do anything on my computer without a mouse. Can anyone help, or could someone tell me how to make my touchpads work again?

Call Dell. If it is, as it says it is, there is nothing YOU can do to fix
it.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"jati0201" <jati0201@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop and recently started having problems
with the USB ports. Shortly after I got my computer, my touchpads stopped
working, so I purchased a mouse and plugged it into one of the ports. The
other day I tried plugging my digital camera into the other port and up pops
a message saying that the port has shorted out. I've never had problems
with this before. What could have caused this, and how can I fix it? Its
really really annoying because now I have to unplug my mouse and use that
port, and its extremely hard to do anything on my computer without a mouse.
Can anyone help, or could someone tell me how to make my touchpads work
again?

"jati0201" <jati0201@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop and recently started having problems
with the USB ports. Shortly after I got my computer, my touchpads stopped
working, so I purchased a mouse and plugged it into one of the ports. The
other day I tried plugging my digital camera into the other port and up pops
a message saying that the port has shorted out. I've never had problems
with this before. What could have caused this, and how can I fix it? Its
really really annoying because now I have to unplug my mouse and use that
port, and its extremely hard to do anything on my computer without a mouse.
Can anyone help, or could someone tell me how to make my touchpads work
again?

I recommend you lodge a service call with Dell.