2 Basic Wired-Wireless Connection Questions

I have a B-type wireless router with 4 additional ports. My typical
wireless connection is:

o Wireless Signal Strength: "Excellent"

o Network Connection Speed: 11 Mbps

o Internet Download Speed: 2,600-2,800 mbps

(1) Is there any reason to connect to my network by a CAT-5 cable, instead
of the wireless connection, when I am working in the room with the router?

(2) Is there any reason to connect to my network by both a CAT-5 cable and
the wireless connection when I am working in the room with the router?

TIA!

Steve
gfrx92y@yahoo.com

Note: Remove the "x" in my email address above to send me an email message.

Jim

A hard wired connection will be faster then any current wireless, but that
is more for large file transfers within the network then internet speed. I
hard wired as many computers as possible and only go wireless if I can't get
the wires to the upper floors with out exceeding the 300 foot mark. As for
having your computer operating both wires and wireless at the same time I
think you may run into conflicts, I would use one or the other and not both.

"Steve Forrestor" <gfr92y@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]

think you may run into conflicts, I would use one or the other and not both.

"Steve Forrestor" <gfr92y@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a B-type wireless router with 4 additional ports. My typical
> wireless connection is:
>
> o Wireless Signal Strength: "Excellent"
>
> o Network Connection Speed: 11 Mbps
>
> o Internet Download Speed: 2,600-2,800 mbps
>
> (1) Is there any reason to connect to my network by a CAT-5 cable, instead
> of the wireless connection, when I am working in the room with the router?
>
> (2) Is there any reason to connect to my network by both a CAT-5 cable and
> the wireless connection when I am working in the room with the router?
>
> TIA!
>
> Steve
> gfrx92y@yahoo.com
>
> Note: Remove the "x" in my email address above to send me an email

2,600-2,800 mbps! WOW! That has to be the fastest home computer
network ever!