MakeDisk for RAID P4C800-E doesn't work

Anyone have success using makedisk? If it finishes (locks up on win98
computer) on my W2K pc, the disk is junk.

thanks.

ender

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:02:46 -0500, R <12345@12345.com> wrote:

>Anyone have success using makedisk? If it finishes (locks up on win98
>computer) on my W2K pc, the disk is junk.
>
>thanks.
The makedisk utility seems to work correctly on my computer when I run
it from my PlexWriter cdr drive. It correctly made the floppy and it
works just fine. However, when I attempted to run the utility from my
Sony CD/DVDrom drive, it did horribly corrupt the process. My Sony
drive is notorious for corrupting install programs, maybe you have a
similar notorious drive?

Regards,

Ender

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Paul

Splendid

Are you using 2 SATA hdd's for the raid?

If not you dont need to use makedisk.exe

Also raid is native to 2k and XP. Not 98 or under
So, the option has to be set in BIOS