NO CD ROM IN MY WIN XP

hi, I have this problem after i try to install my usb CD RW, It copies it files and then restar, but i miss bot CD DRIVERS IN my computer view, then i saw this message in device mannager.

Windows cant `start this device of hardware because it información of configuración ( registro) is incomplet or miss. (Código 19)

any help.

nashman wrote:
> hi, I have this problem after i try to install my usb CD RW, It
> copies it files and then restar, but i miss bot CD DRIVERS IN my
> computer view, then i saw this message in device mannager.
>
> Windows cant `start this device of hardware because it información
> of configuración ( registro) is incomplet or miss. (Código 19)
>
> any help.

Do NOT be afraid of the registry hack here.
It is SAFE and has helped MANY people.
Respect the registry, don't fear it.

1) Log on with Administrative Privileges

2) Open the Registry Editor:
a) Go to Start then select Run.
b) Type regedit and click OK.

3) Backup you registry by:
a) Highlight My Computer by clicking on it once.
b) Click File (Windows XP) or Registry (Windows 2000), then Export
Registry File.
c) Select export range All; to ensure your entire registry is backed up
completely.
d) Select where you would like to save this backup, name the File, and
Click on the SAVE button.

4) Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values:
a) Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
b) Highlight this key by left clicking on it once.
c) On the right hand side delete the values Upperfilters and Lowerfilters.

5) Restart your computer.

Or try this:

http://www.dougknox.com/

Select 'Windows Utilities' and scroll down to 'Restore CD/DVD drives to
Windows Explorer.'
Perhaps his utility will do the trick. =)

--
<- Shenan ->