Sound Troubleshooting

My computer does not have sound at the moment. When I attempt to open the volume control, a message pops up saying "There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel" etc. However, my sound devices are installed and read as working properly. Any advice on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about sound troubleshooting

    http://tinyurl.com/22mbe If that doesn't work
    Try using the Windows System Restore. (Win XP). Start -> All Programs ->
    Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore and choose the most recent
    date that your Sound was working fine.
    "Lm4Hb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My computer does not have sound at the moment. When I attempt to open the
    volume control, a message pops up saying "There are no active mixer devices
    available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel" etc. However, my
    sound devices are installed and read as working properly. Any advice on how
    to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Microsoft Devices Windows XP