Software for streaming out voice from a PDA

June 13, 2004 8:17:53 PM

Hi

I just wonder if you know a software/SDK that will allow me to stream out
audio from a PDA and make it operate like a wireless microphone over a WIFI
network. Any ideas please help

Thanks
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 8:17:54 PM

"Ioannis Doumanis" <idoumanis@yahoo.gr> wrote in message
news:o VfZ4nVUEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> I just wonder if you know a software/SDK that will allow me to stream out
> audio from a PDA and make it operate like a wireless microphone over a
> WIFI
> network. Any ideas please help
>
> Thanks

Not quite what you're lookg for, but
a place to start:

http://research.microsoft.com/%7Ejiangli/portrait/
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 4:49:14 AM

Skype and Pocket Skype work very well for this.
http://www.skype.com/download.html

Mitch

"Ioannis Doumanis" <idoumanis@yahoo.gr> wrote in message
news:o VfZ4nVUEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> I just wonder if you know a software/SDK that will allow me to stream out
> audio from a PDA and make it operate like a wireless microphone over a
WIFI
> network. Any ideas please help
>
> Thanks

June 14, 2004 4:49:15 AM

But I don't think he wants his stream
going through a third party network redirector...

"Mitch_A" <namannospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Skype and Pocket Skype work very well for this.
> http://www.skype.com/download.html
>

> Mitch
>

> "Ioannis Doumanis" <idoumanis@yahoo.gr> wrote in message
> news:o VfZ4nVUEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Hi
>>
>> I just wonder if you know a software/SDK that will allow me to stream out
>> audio from a PDA and make it operate like a wireless microphone over a
> WIFI
>> network. Any ideas please help
>>
>> Thanks

Anonymous
June 14, 2004 8:52:50 AM

Did he say at some point he "didn't"?...

"V Green" <vancegrn@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> But I don't think he wants his stream
> going through a third party network redirector...
>
> "Mitch_A" <namannospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > Skype and Pocket Skype work very well for this.
> > http://www.skype.com/download.html
> >

> > Mitch
> >

> > "Ioannis Doumanis" <idoumanis@yahoo.gr> wrote in message
> > news:o VfZ4nVUEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I just wonder if you know a software/SDK that will allow me to stream
out
> >> audio from a PDA and make it operate like a wireless microphone over a
> > WIFI
> >> network. Any ideas please help
> >>
> >> Thanks

Anonymous
June 14, 2004 5:52:56 PM

There's going to be pocket rendezvous out soon - its a napster style
Wifi application to allow your PPC to act as a wifi broadcast point,
with specially modified network layer so your PPC ends up as a server

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/03/pocket_rendezvo...

Cheers - Neil ;-))

!