format hard drive in xp

How do I format a second hard drive in xp home? There is
no fdisk option with xp. I want to partition the second
drive so that i have much more space.

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the following screen,
click on Disk Management. It will show up on the right hand side of the
screen and you delete the current partition(s), create new ones and thenf
ormat and assign drive letters.
www.coribright.com

"jon dobbelsteyn" <arljon2@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> How do I format a second hard drive in xp home? There is
> no fdisk option with xp. I want to partition the second
> drive so that i have much more space.

thanks very much Cari!!

Jon
Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"jon dobbelsteyn" <arljon2@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> How do I format a second hard drive in xp home? There
is
>> no fdisk option with xp. I want to partition the second
>> drive so that i have much more space.
>

>.

You're welcome. Now don't go filling it all up too quickly. These days
files seem to expand to fit the hard drive free space available far too
quickly, no matter how large the drive appears to be on day one!
www.coribright.com

jon dobbelsteyn wrote:

>How do I format a second hard drive in xp home? There is
>no fdisk option with xp. I want to partition the second
>drive so that i have much more space.

Control Panel - Admin Tools - Computer Management, select Disk
Management and look lower right for the graphic of the drive. Right
click in any partition that is there to delete it; right click in
Unallocated space and Create Partition