K8N-E Deluxe

Well I tried to install my K8N-E board and it would not post! All the fans
and drives would run but no screen, no nothing. Spent hours swapping
equipment around!!! next day I play with the mem sticks, (Crucial DDR 3200
512 mb x 2 and Hey!!! I get it to post and format! But as soon as Xp gets
ready to start I get booted to the safe mode options screen I can safe mode,
but not with network support! Called ASUS tech 5 times tried this and
that...they tried to blame the memory and finally told me to replace the
board!!!!! Now I goota return it to ZIPZOOM and well see what happens next!
ERRRR!!

Rick

steven

20On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:05:46 -0400, "Rick & Darlene"
<Bluemagic@comcast.net> wrote:

>Well I tried to install my K8N-E board and it would not post! All the fans
>and drives would run but no screen, no nothing. Spent hours swapping
>equipment around!!! next day I play with the mem sticks, (Crucial DDR 3200
>512 mb x 2 and Hey!!! I get it to post and format! But as soon as Xp gets
>ready to start I get booted to the safe mode options screen I can safe mode,
>but not with network support! Called ASUS tech 5 times tried this and
>that...they tried to blame the memory and finally told me to replace the
>board!!!!! Now I goota return it to ZIPZOOM and well see what happens next!
>ERRRR!!
>
>Rick

What made them decide it was the board?
How are they sure it isn't the memory?
I want same board and Crucial cause it is easy to order. Were the 512
MB DDR 3200 sticks the ECC type they make?
Thanks.

steven <steven@de.d> wrote in message news:<95i9g01le4cmklfv46cdk6iojmndqpcl5t@4ax.com>...
> 20On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:05:46 -0400, "Rick & Darlene"
> <Bluemagic@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Well I tried to install my K8N-E board and it would not post! All the fans
> >and drives would run but no screen, no nothing. Spent hours swapping
> >equipment around!!! next day I play with the mem sticks, (Crucial DDR 3200
> >512 mb x 2 and Hey!!! I get it to post and format! But as soon as Xp gets
> >ready to start I get booted to the safe mode options screen I can safe mode,
> >but not with network support! Called ASUS tech 5 times tried this and
> >that...they tried to blame the memory and finally told me to replace the
> >board!!!!! Now I goota return it to ZIPZOOM and well see what happens next!
> >ERRRR!!
> >
> >Rick
> >
> What made them decide it was the board?
> How are they sure it isn't the memory?
> I want same board and Crucial cause it is easy to order. Were the 512
> MB DDR 3200 sticks the ECC type they make?
> Thanks.

I have the K8V SE Deluxe and also bought crusial RAM...to no avail.
The board wouldn't accept'em at all! Switched back to my old no-name
2100 RAM's and all went fine. I know, it's two different chipsets, but
it seems to me that the AMD64 platform is somewhat sensitive to
RAM-sticks...

Just my 2 cents

/Stephan

steven

On 26 Jul 2004 04:28:40 -0700, stephangrubbe@hotmail.com (Stephan
Grubbe) wrote:

>steven <steven@de.d> wrote in message news:<95i9g01le4cmklfv46cdk6iojmndqpcl5t@4ax.com>...
>> 20On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:05:46 -0400, "Rick & Darlene"
>> <Bluemagic@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Well I tried to install my K8N-E board and it would not post! All the fans
>> >and drives would run but no screen, no nothing. Spent hours swapping
>> >equipment around!!! next day I play with the mem sticks, (Crucial DDR 3200
>> >512 mb x 2 and Hey!!! I get it to post and format! But as soon as Xp gets
>> >ready to start I get booted to the safe mode options screen I can safe mode,
>> >but not with network support! Called ASUS tech 5 times tried this and
>> >that...they tried to blame the memory and finally told me to replace the
>> >board!!!!! Now I goota return it to ZIPZOOM and well see what happens next!
>> >ERRRR!!
>> >
>> >Rick
>> >
>> What made them decide it was the board?
>> How are they sure it isn't the memory?
>> I want same board and Crucial cause it is easy to order. Were the 512
>> MB DDR 3200 sticks the ECC type they make?
>> Thanks.
>
>I have the K8V SE Deluxe and also bought crusial RAM...to no avail.
>The board wouldn't accept'em at all! Switched back to my old no-name
>2100 RAM's and all went fine. I know, it's two different chipsets, but
>it seems to me that the AMD64 platform is somewhat sensitive to
>RAM-sticks...
>
>Just my 2 cents
>
>/Stephan
Thanks.
I wonder what fast ECC memory will work in the board?
Please help.
Thanks some more.