32 Bit Data Transfer--Disable or Enable?

In setting up the BIOS for a new build using a P4C800-ED, one of the choices
in the IDE configuration is 32Bit Data Transfer [Enable or Disable]. It is
Disabled by default. If it matters, I am running XP-Pro, paired SATA
Raptors in a RAID 0 with an IDE backup drive plus two IDE optical drives.
There is no information regarding this setting in the manual. Should the
32Bit Data Transfer be Enabled or Disabled and why??? TIA

MikeSP
1 answer Last reply
More about data transfer disable enable

    Hi,

    See this doc:

    http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=9

    32-bit Transfer Mode

    Common Options : On, Off

    Quick Review

    This BIOS feature allows you to command the IDE controller to combine two
    16-bit hard disk reads into a single 32-bit data transfer to the processor.
    This greatly improves the performance of the IDE controller as well as the
    PCI bus.

    Therefore, it is highly advisable to enable 32-bit Transfer Mode. If you
    disable it, data transfers from the IDE controller to the processor will
    only occur in 16-bits chunks.

    Succes with it!

    Bye,
    Bert
    ======================

    "Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > In setting up the BIOS for a new build using a P4C800-ED, one of the
    choices
    > in the IDE configuration is 32Bit Data Transfer [Enable or Disable]. It
    is
    > Disabled by default. If it matters, I am running XP-Pro, paired SATA
    > Raptors in a RAID 0 with an IDE backup drive plus two IDE optical drives.
    > There is no information regarding this setting in the manual. Should the
    > 32Bit Data Transfer be Enabled or Disabled and why??? TIA
    >
    > MikeSP

Asus Motherboards