Two nics, change access order in REGISTRY key??

Hi all,

i have two nics installed. i want my cable nic to be used first and then my
WIFI nic to be used, i know you can change the order in network connections
but it reverts on occassion., Where do i find this key in the reg and what do
i need to alter to ALWAYS have the cable nic as "default"? I am going to
script the needed chnages in kix to have less probs (i have 500 laptops with
same issue)

really appreciate ANY help.
1 answer Last reply
More about nics change access order registry

    I've had pretty good luck with setting an 'Interface metric' of 1 on the
    preferred network, and higher value on the secondary network, such as 10 or
    whatever. I think you can only go 99 though. I can't remember. This is in
    addition to setting the order of access in Advanced Settings.

    Don't get too excited if it doesn't work right away. Set it and leave it
    alone for a day or two before deciding it doesn't work. Sometimes these
    things mysteriously start working, hmmm...

    "Macca77" <Macca77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > i have two nics installed. i want my cable nic to be used first and then
    > my
    > WIFI nic to be used, i know you can change the order in network
    > connections
    > but it reverts on occassion., Where do i find this key in the reg and what
    > do
    > i need to alter to ALWAYS have the cable nic as "default"? I am going to
    > script the needed chnages in kix to have less probs (i have 500 laptops
    > with
    > same issue)
    >
    > really appreciate ANY help.

NIC NICs Wireless Networking